Are there picnic facilities in the San Pasqual Valley sector of the River Park?
- River Park Sikes Adobe Farmstead at west end of the valley. Vehicle access is off Sunset Dr. in Escondido. Tables and benches; parking; portable toilets. Mule Hill trail head. Always open but farmstead only on weekends.
- Orfila Vineyard, San Pasqual Valley Road. There are tables under a grape arbor overlooking the valley and the rows of vines. Cheese and bread for sale as well as wine by the glass or bottle. Probably good to buy wine when using this area even with your own food. Restrooms, parking. May be closed for weddings occasionally.
- San Pasqual Battlefield State Historic Park, San Pasqual Valley Road (Hwy.78). Tables and benches overlook the valley. Temporarily closed.
- Battlefield Historical Monument, at intersection of Old Milky Way and Hwy 78 just west of the Museum. A field with a shaded, rock bench good for picnics. No facilities but a lovely view; parking on the roadside. Always open.
- San Diego Archaeological Center, San Pasqual Valley Road just east of the State park. Tables and benches overlook the valley; restrooms and parking at the Center which is closed Sunday-Tuesday. Grass field for kids and tables always available. Good to offer small donation to the museum but not necessary in order to enjoy this area.
- San Dieguito River Park has a table at Santa Ysabel Creek on the Mule Hill trail south of the river on Bandy Canyon Road. No facilities except parking, no shade. (The Main Riverpark picnic area is located off the Mule Hill Trail east of Lake Hodges and accessed by car from Lake Drive in Del Dios community when the boat ramp is open).